File not Found Error

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Hi, Great project. I'm having an error on the Move and the Update Metadata options though. It's saying "File not found". I have checked the location of the move.aspx and UpdateMetadata.aspx files and it seems correct. Looking at the files, they mention a code behind file of move.aspx.cs which does not exist.

Have you come across this problem?

Jul 22, 2010 at 6:27 PM

I am getting the same error "File Not Found" while performing the following operations:

1- Update Metadata
2- Move

Following is the detail of error message:

File Not Found.   at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
   at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(String assemblyName, Boolean throwOnFail)
   at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.LoadAssembly(String assemblyName, Boolean throwOnFail)
   at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.AddAssemblyDependency(String assemblyName, Boolean addDependentAssemblies)
   at System.Web.UI.MainTagNameToTypeMapper.ProcessTagNamespaceRegistrationCore(TagNamespaceRegisterEntry nsRegisterEntry)
   at System.Web.UI.MainTagNameToTypeMapper.ProcessTagNamespaceRegistration(TagNamespaceRegisterEntry nsRegisterEntry)
   at System.Web.UI.BaseTemplateParser.ProcessDirective(String directiveName, IDictionary directive)
   at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.ProcessDirective(String directiveName, IDictionary directive)
   at System.Web.UI.PageParser.ProcessDirective(String directiveName, IDictionary directive)
   at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding)

Nov 15, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Hello,

I am also getting a "File Not Found" error both with the downloadable .WSP and after compiling/creating the WSP via WSPBuilder from the Source Code. The .WSP installs without issue, the 12 hive appears to have both UpdateMetadata.aspx and Move.aspx (along with the various .aspx.cs and .ashx files) available, but for whatever reason the "File Not Found" message continues. I am using WSS 3.0 (no MOSS) and get this on a clean Site Collection. Any help in resolving this would be most appreciated.

Nov 17, 2010 at 8:27 PM
Edited Nov 17, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Alright, after much looking at the source code and running tests, I've narrowed the problem down to this line in the UpdateMetadata.aspx and Move.aspx files:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="SPSWC" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls" 
Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>

I don't believe Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal is available "out of the box" for straight WSS 3.0 installs, and the tag prefix SPSWC isn't used anywhere on those pages. By removing this line, I was able to get the source code to compile and run without generating the "File Not Found" error. Hope this helps out anyone with a similar problem.